"Porter Groups' focus is on Health and Safety as an integral part of providing services to our clients and safe working environments for our staff. Eliminating and/or minimising harm is our goal with an injury free, safe working as our strategy. As a leading importer and hirer of heavy machinery we are consistently looking for safety by design improvements and other ways of providing safe working environments for our staff and clients - We are working smarter and becoming better prepared to manage risk."
Robin Porter - Chief Executive - Porter Group
The Porter Group is ACC Accredited to Secondary Level and works on continually improving on this achievement.
The Porter Group Board is committed to Good Corporate Governance in terms of Quality of Services, Health and Safety and Environmental standards – the Board receives a monthly Health and Safety report.
The construction, earthmoving and heavy equipment industries face the task of managing risk of harm to its staff, contractors and visitors to their work-sites. We believe that that Health and Safety risks are inherent part of our business risks. Our company-wide focus is on people and keeping them safe and well in a healthy environment.
Our Health and Safety Policies and Procedures reflect the business' goal of zero-harm and our fundamental belief that most work-related injuries can be prevented:
- Our Board is aware of its responsibilities for the Health and Safety of its staff and contractors.
- Our Management and Supervisory staff are accountable and committed to Health and Safety principles.
- Participation in Health and Safety initiatives and activities is encouraged at all levels of the business.
- Health and Safety meetings are held at all 32 branches monthly.
- Active supporting of training and programmes, safe work practices, Take 5 and JRSA’s.
- Compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice for the industry.
- Measurable Health and Safety performance and reporting and investigation of workplace incidents.
- Manage hazards proactively emphasising control of risk and prevention of harm.
Our focus is on managing health and safety risks and continual ongoing development and training of staff coupled with the delivery of state of the art, modern and proven equipment and machinery for the Civil, Construction, Forestry and other industries. A strong commitment to safety by design emphasises our commitment to our overall safety goals.